Kydex® 550 Weatherable Monolithic Sheet – Unlike competitive weatherable sheet grades, super tough Kydex 550 acrylic/PVC alloy is a monolithic sheet eliminating the problems often associated with capped sheet products. This high performance thermoplastic sheet is available in gauges from 0.028″ (.71mm) and up and in eight distinctive textures. It is available in limited light colors. Impact resistance is 15 ft-lbs/in (801 J/m).
• Housings for equipment
• Recreational vehicles and truck parts
• Safety equipment
• Building Products
• Kydex 550 offers the properties of “Kydex” in a weatherable formulation.
• Kydex 550 sheet is highly impact resistant as measured by the notched izod impact resistance test with typical values of 15 ft-lbs/in (801 J/m), higher than most other thermoplastics.
• Kydex 550 is fire retardant (self-extinguishing) with a UL 94 V-0 rating as measured by an independent testing laboratory.
• Kydex 550 is available in seven colors: Light Gray (52120), Polar White (62000), Ivory (62015), Snowflake (62029), Natural (62059), White (62067), and Beige (72005).
Excellent forming properties result in uniform wall thicknesses and crisp detail, plus easy machining and fabricating using conventional methods, further expanding finished part possibilities.
|PROPERTY||TEST METHOD||TYPICAL VALUE1|
|Specific Gravity||ASTM D-792||1.38 – 1.40|
|Tensile Strength, psi (MPa)||ASTM D-638||6,100 (42)|
|Elongation at Break, %||110|
|Flexural Strength, psi (MPa)||ASTM D-790||9,300 (64)|
|Modulus of Elasticity, psi (MPa)||340,000 (2344)|
|Rockwell Hardness, R||ASTM D-785||93|
|Notched Izod Impact Resistance, 73°F (23°C),ft-lbs/in (J/m)||ASTM D-256||15 (801)|
|Heat Deflection Temperature, HDT, @264psi (1.8 MPa), annealed,°F (°C)||ASTM D-648||175° (78°)|
|Flammability Resistance2||UL Standard 94
|Mold Shrinkage, %||0.4 – 0.6|
|Forming Temperature, F (C)||325°-390°
|1All values based on 0.125″ (3.12mm) sheet unless otherwise specified.
2All gauges from 0.028″ (.71mm) and greater. Not intended for specification purposes.
Full-service plastics fabricator and supplier of plastic materials
Norva Plastics has been a full-service plastics fabricator and supplier of plastic materials. With over half a century in the business, we can tackle just about any job with confidence that comes from experience. From a tough prototype to long-run production, whatever your requirement, contact the experienced plastics fabricators first at Norva Plastics.
Norva Plastics provides many services relating to plastics and similar materials. We have 3 high precision CNC machines in house to handle high production jobs or for quick prototype jobs. We also do custom fabrication and also offer vacuum forming services. So contact us now! We look forward to serving you.